Health Department

Our Mission

"To promote health and wellness by providing education, support, and healthcare services to the community."

Equal Opportunity Provider

The Baker County Health Department does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity, political beliefs or source of income. Interpreter services and/or other assistive aids are provided at our facility at no cost. Our facility is accessible.

El departamento de salud del condado de Baker no discrimina contra cualquier persona o grupo de personas por motivos de raza, color, origen nacional, edad, discapacidad, sexo, estado civil, situacion familiar, religion, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero, creencias políticas o fuente de los ingresos. Servicio de un interprete y otras ayudas de asistencia se ofrecen en nuestra facilidad sin costo. Nuestra facilidad es accesible.

Patient Care

Clinic Hours

Please call 541-523-8211 for available appointments. For hearing impaired please call 1-800-735-2900 FREE.
We are open Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm.(Closed between 12p-1p for lunch)
WIC is available every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.(Closed between 12p-1p for lunch)
Extended and Travel Clinics are available at various times throughout the year.

For after business hours, please contact Baker County Dispatch at 541-523-6415

Press Releases

H5N1 Outbreak on Dairy Farms Across US
2024 County Rankings
2024 Measles Travel Advisory

Quick Links






Follow the Health Department on Facebook.

2200 4th Street
Baker City, OR 97814
Phone: (541) 523-8211
Fax: (541) 523-8242
TTY: 1-800-735-2900

Baker County Health Department (BCHD) is available to all, that no individual is excluded from participation, denied benefits, or subject to discrimination on the grounds of race, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion, culture and/or financial status.

Health Department


We offer all childhood vaccinations including:
HibHep AHep BVaricella
*Print VAR (English and Spanish) under Forms

Wanting to learn which immunizations your child needs? For more information about immunizations, please visit the State of Oregon Vaccines and Immunization page.
*At all ages and grades, the number of doses required varies by a child's age and how long ago they were vaccinated. Other vaccines may be recommended. Exemptions are also available. Please check with your child's school, child care or healthcare provider for details.
We also offer Hep B, MMR, and Varicella titers. Schedule an appointment with us today!

Follow the Health Department on Facebook.

Health Department

Communicable Diseases and Sexually Transmitted Diseases

"A communicable disease is an infectious disease that is transmissible by contact with infected individuals or their bodily discharges or fluids (such as respiratory droplets, blood, or semen), by contact with contaminated surfaces or objects, by ingestion of contaminated food or water, or by direct or indirect contact with disease vectors (such as mosquitoes, fleas, or mice)." -Merriam Webster Dictionary

Common communicable diseases include:
-Tuberculosis (TB)


Vaccine Information: We carry all available COVID-19 vaccines. Print Vaccine Administration Record Form: English / Spanish

COVID Testing Information:

At-home tests available at the Health Department. Tests available at St. Luke's by scheduling an appointment at 541-523-2111 or St. Alphonsus's at 541-523-4415. Testing Centers

Report a Positive test result (at-home COVID-19 test): If you took a COVID-19 test at home and received a POSITIVE result, please report this to the Health Department by calling 541-523-8211.

Resources: Safe and Strong Oregon
Electronic Vaccine Card:

Sexually Transmitted Infections
Baker County Health Department provides confidential, low cost, STI infection screening. All information disclosed by clients is confidential.

STI tests done at BCHD:

Chlamydia & Gonorrhea: Urine Test
Syphilis, HIV, Hepatitis B and C: Blood Test
Testing is available Monday-Thursday.* Treatments are available Monday-Friday.
*Holidays may alter testing availability.

Community Education
Nurses are available to discuss the following topics with schools, youth programs, drug and alcohol program, and others by request:
    Sexually Transmitted Diseases
    HIV Prevention
    Birth Control Methods
    Safe Relationships
While all health information is private, additional steps can be taken to keep your appointment confidential. Please contact the Health Department if you have any questions.
Acute and Communicable Disease Prevention Program
Center for Disease Control and Prevention: Disease Fact Sheets

Follow the Health Department on Facebook.

Health Department

Family Planning

The Family Planning Program provides low cost reproductive health services, birth control, outreach and education in order to promote sexual health and well-being. Anyone of reproductive age is eligible to receive Family Planning services.

Family Planning


What Can I Get?

Pregnancy tests and pregnancy counseling
Birth control counseling
Pelvic exams and pap smears
Health education

Birth Control Methods

Birth Control Pills
Depo Provera
Intrauterine Devices (IUD)
Natural Family Planning
Nuva Ring
Xulane (Patch)


Reproductive Health Program
Adoption Services
OHA: Your Sexual Health

While all health information is private, additional steps can be taken to keep your appointment confidential. Please contact the Health Department if you have any questions.

Follow the Health Department on Facebook.

Health Department

Maternal and Clildren's Health

Oregon Mother's Care

No woman should go through pregnancy without the support and care she needs. Oregon Mothers Care connects people to:

    Free pregnancy testing
    Oregon Health Plan (OHP) application assistance
    Prenatal care
    Dental care
    Other health care appointments
    Women Infants and Children (WIC) nutritional services
    Other pregnancy and health-related information and services

Babies First!

Babies First! is a nurse home visiting program for families with babies and young children up to age five. The goal of Babies First! is to help families make sure that their babies are healthy as they grow and learn.


    Weigh your baby
    Provide breastfeeding support from a Breastfeeding Specialist
    Check to make sure your child is learning and growing, as they should
    Help you keep your child's teeth and smile healthy
    Offer information about what to expect as your child grows and develops
    Help you build a happy, loving, and fun relationship between you and your child
    Answer questions about keeping yourself and your child healthy and help you know when to see the doctor
    Help you recognize what your child is telling you before he/she can talk
    Help you make your home safe for your child
    Work with you to solve problems that affect your family's health
    Help you get health care and/or apply for the Oregon Health Plan
    Refer you to other services you might need


The CaCoon program serves families with children from birth to age 20 who have (or are at risk of having) a chronic health condition or disability. Public health nurses who are specially trained to care for children and youth with special health needs offer CaCoon care coordination services. Since family members have a central role in the care of their child, all services are planned around the desires and concerns of the family. Eligibility is not tied to family income or insurance status. There is no charge to families. A CaCoon nurse works with your family and your child's health care providers to do some or all of the following things:
    Help you find information about your child's condition
    Screen your child for any concerns regarding development, nutrition, hearing, vision, or other health issues
    Partner with you to advocate for your child and family
    Help your family locate financial assistance to help pay for your child's care
    Refer you to parent or family support organizations
    Refer you to local resources for early intervention – physical, occupational, speech, and preschool
    Work with any other service providers to address your concerns

If you would like information or resources about specialized health services and want to know more about CaCoon, contact Baker County Health Department and ask to speak with a nurse.

Follow the Health Department on Facebook.

Health Department

Emergency Preparedness

Oregon's Health Security Preparedness and Response (HSPR) is an effort to anticipate, detect, assess, and understand the health risks and impacts of an emergency. We are here to translate this understanding into action to protect the public's health and mitigate harm.

Local and state public health authorities have always played an important role in all phases of the emergency management system, including: preparedness planning and hazard mitigation, emergency response, and disaster recovery. This new level of commitment to public health preparedness improves local and state capacity to respond to any health emergency.


Create your own plan, create a kit, and get informed about disasters or event that can impact you. Examples of disasters include earthquakes, floods, storms, pandemics.

Please contact the Emergency Preparedness Coordinator at 541-523-8211.

Follow the Health Department on Facebook.

Health Department

Tobacco Prevention

Oregon's Tobacco Prevention and Education Program funds local tobacco control programs to engage Oregonians in their homes, workplaces, schools, and other public places. These programs are found at county health departments, tribes, schools, and community-based organizations throughout Oregon. They counter tobacco marketing where it matters the most – in the places where people work, play, learn and live.

Oregon's Tobacco Prevention and Education Program works with diverse partners statewide to promote smoke-free environments and communities, reduce the influence of tobacco product marketing, and encourage tobacco users to quit. These programs engage their communities and challenge them to become healthier through preventing tobacco use and they have seen real results from their efforts. Local programs statewide are critical to turning the tide of death and disability from tobacco use in Oregon.

Quit Line: 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669)
Spanish Quit Line: 1-877-2NO-FUME (1-877-266-3863)
TTY: 1-877-777-6534

You Can Quit Smoking Now

Complete Guide to Quitting
(American Cancer Society)

Freedom from Smoking
(American Lung Association®)

Live chat with a quit counselor
(National Cancer Institute LiveHelp)

Follow the Health Department on Facebook.

Health Department

Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)

WIC is a nutrition program that provides healthy foods, nutrition education, and breastfeeding support to low-income families who are at nutritional risk.

WIC APPROVED FOODS: English and Spanish Versions


Please contact Baker WIC to learn more: 541-523-8211

*Oregon resident.
*Pregnant, postpartum, or breastfeeding woman OR an infant or child under 5 years of age.
*Have a household income of less than 185% of the federal poverty level. See income guidelines here.
*Families that utilize OHP, SNAP, TANF will automatically qualify; however, families that do not receive other services may still qualify for WIC.
*Have a nutritional need or risk (everyone that meets one of the above requirements).

*Are you participating in other programs? Ask to be referred to WIC.
*Walk-ins welcome on the last Monday of the month.
*Contact WIC office to see how you can be referred today: 541-523-8211.

WIC Hours

WIC is currently operating Monday-Wednesday from 8am to 5pm.
Walk-in days are the last Monday of every month! Come say hello.

Follow the Health Department on Facebook.

Health Department

School Based Clinic

Baker County Health Department currently provides health care services at the School-Based Health Center (SBHC) located inside Baker High School. The SBHC is available to provide health care related services to all school-aged students in Baker County (K-12).


Our staff includes a Physician Assistant (PA), a Registered Nurse (RN), and a Qualified Mental Health Professional. We are open each day school is in session-Monday through Thursday.


Comprehensive Physical exams
Sports Physicals
Age-Appropriate Reproductive Health
Mental Health


School-Based Health Centers are funded through third-party insurance, Medicaid, grants, and public funds. Providing us with insurance information allows us to bill your insurance and reduces our need for public funding, so we can provide services to as many students as possible. If your insurance doesn't pay for all or part of the cost, you are not responsible for any out-of-pocket expenses with the exception of immunizations and labs.


Students between the ages of 12 and 19 who visit the SBHC may be asked to complete an anonymous survey after their visit. The survey asks about the student's satisfaction and experience at the SBHC, as well as some general questions about their physical and mental health status. Students can refuse to take the survey and this will not affect their ability to get care at the SBHC. To see a copy of the survey, please go to the SBHC Data Requirements. If you have questions about the survey, please contact the SBHC State Program Office at

Follow the Health Department on Facebook.

Health Department

Other Programs

Environmental Health

Drinking Water
Baker County Health Department provides water-testing kits for the public through Magic Valley Labs. The kits test for Bacteria (including Coliforms), Nitrates (minerals), and Arsenic. Once you receive your water test kit supplies from the Health Department, you can submit the water samples and fees to the lab below.

Magic Valley Lab
210 Addison Avenue
Twin Falls, ID 83301
Phone: 1-208-733-4250
Fax: 1-888-733-4250

Food Safety
The Health Department has temporary food licenses for special events.
For restaurant and food site inspections please call Malheur County Environmental Health Services listed below.

Malheur County Environmental Health Services
251 B Street West
Vale, OR 97918
(541) 473-5186
Fax: (541) 473-5580
Web: Malheur County Environmental Health Services

Vital Records

Certified copies of birth and death certificates are available through the Baker County Health Department up to six months from the event.

Birth Certificates

When ordering birth records, please complete with full name of the person on the certificate, date and place of birth, parent(s) full name(s) which include the mother's full maiden name and your relationship to the person the certificate is for. By law, only immediate family members or legal representatives may order birth records for another individual.

Death Certificates

When ordering death certificates, please include on your order the full name of the person on the record and the date and place of the death. For death record orders, include your relationship to the person on the record, and your reason for needing the record.

To Order Locally
*Complete an order form at the Baker County Health Department
*Office Hours: 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday
*Please bring current valid ID, legal representative document(s), or acceptable proofs
*$25 for each record

To Order After 6 Months
*An order form may be picked up at the Baker County Health Department for births or deaths occurring 6 months ago or more.
*You may also contact the Oregon State Vital Records at: (971) 673-1190
*You may order a vital record by mail or by going to VitalChek
*$25 for the first record; $25 for each additional copy of the same record ordered at the same time. The $25 fee is non-refundable once the search for the record has been completed.

Sharps Containers Drop in to purchase or recycle a sharps container. Prices may apply. We provide medium sized sharps containers for purchase.

Prescription Take Back Drop in to request and receive a pre-paid, pre-addressed envelope and mail in your unused medicines for disposal.

Oregon Health Plan Application Baker County Health Department partners with Northeast Oregon Network (NEON) to assist community members with OHP applications. Please call to see when NEON is available: 541.624.5101

Tuberculosis Testing Baker County Health Department provides Tuberculosis (TB) skin tests. Call to schedule an appointment today.

Follow the Health Department on Facebook.

Health Department

Contact Us

Phone: (541) 523-8211
Fax: (541) 523-8242
TTY: 1-800-735-2900

Find Us

Office Location:
2200 4th St
Baker City, OR 97814

Mailing Address:
2200 4th St
Baker City, OR 97814

Office Hours:
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday

Get Directions >

Follow the Health Department on Facebook.